Poisonous Alcohols

Poisonous alcohols

Ethylene Glycol and Methanol are present in anti-freeze and screen wash. The first symptoms of ingested ethylene glycol is similar to the feeling of drinking alcohol. Within a few hours, more toxic effects become apparent. Symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, convulsions, decreased level of alertness, internal bleeding or coma.

Read more about the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of ingesting poisonous alcohols.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s