CRITERIA FOR A&E ONLINE REFERRALS TO PAEDIATRIC ALLERGY CLINIC
All children or young persons 0-18 years who have EMERGENCY TREATMENT FOR SUSPECTED ANAPHYLAXIS OR A SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTION should be referred to the specialist Paediatric Allergy Service via the electronic online referral system located on Staffnet.
The specialist Paediatric Allergy Service will:
- Provide a definitive diagnosis and identify the cause of an anaphylactic or severe allergic reaction.
- Perform a risk assessment if a co-existing condition such as asthma and eczema are present.
- Ensure that families receive the correct advice and a long-term management plan.
- Ensure that families know which foods the child/young person can eat safely and do not embark on unnecessary dietary restrictions.
When discharging the patient:
- Go to Staffnet and click on the box ‘Make an Online Referral’
- Click ‘PAEDIATRIC ALLERGY TEAM’
- Complete the online form
- Press ‘Make a Referral’